Welcome to Rittman Elementary School!
If you are new to our school, here are some basic facts that you may find helpful.
The staff at Rittman Elementary serves a population of about 450 students in grades Kindergarten through 5th grade. We currently have three or four sections at each grade level, with a dedicated staff that works hard to provide a quality education for students. In addition to the core curriculum, we offer a daily period of PE, Music, Art, Library and Tech skills. Through our RTI model (Response to Intervention), we consistently assess student progress and provide interventions to help develop grade level skills. We recognize that a strong parent teacher partnership will help provide the success that students need for success. Please feel free to contact us with any questions about this new legislation.
Our goal is to build a solid educational foundation based on positive relationships, solid content and strong instructional practices so all students will be successful. We continue to set high academic standards and we are committed to an instructional program that focuses on the following components
- Common Core curriculum as set forth by the State of Ohio
- Student skills that prepare students for success as they move through their school career.
- Character Education programs and Anti Bullying initiatives
- Response to Intervention assistance to accommodate those with unique academic needs
- Positive Behavior Intervention Supports to ensure students are ready to learn
- Consistent attendance which has a direct effect on academic success.
We welcome and encourage parents and community members to join with us in building a positive and safe learning environment. We are proud of the support we receive from the community and the Rittman Elementary Parent Teacher Organization. There are many exciting programs happening at Rittman Elementary School.
Our building staff and students provide a welcoming environment for visitors and friends. I encourage you to contact me with any questions or comments.